You don’t want to be caught gathering everything together on the morning of the move. This leads to broken property, items packed chaotically and high stress levels. Start as many weeks before the move date as you can. Allocate spaces in your home where boxes can be kept where they will not interfere with daily life too much. Make a list of all those items you that you want to be at hand after the move is completed so that those items can be put into the removals van last. Keep your removal tips handy so that you can refer back to them!
Removal Tips: What will I need?
- Boxes; strong tape; marker pens; old newspapers; bubble-wrap
- Insurance: Make sure you have insured all your treasured household items
- Paper! List the items you will be taking, and try to divide them into separate boxes to make unpacking as easy and as straight forward as possible
- Measuring tape! Will that large item go through your door? If not can it be dismantled?
- Double check with York Removals Van to ensure dates and times are correct.
Remember: Cardboard is not the strongest material for packing. Ensure you do not overpack boxes as they may break. Underfill to be safe rather than sorry. Use strong tape to strengthen the boxes as well as to seal them.
How can Gosine Removals help you save time and money?
- If you live in a flat on an upper floor the job is done much quicker if there are more men on the site. So let us know – 2 or three men on the job will mean a faster job and a lower bill.
- Where possible move small boxes to the main doorway or outside (if the weather is good!). This again will save on time. However do not attempt to move large, heavy or awkwardly shaped items. Leave that to us.
- Do you have flat packs or furniture that can be dismantled? Try to dismantle as much as you can before we arrive. This again will save you time and money.
- Treasured items – if they break can never be replaced for sentimental reasons. Remember it is your responsibility to ensure items such as mirrors glass and the breakables are wrapped safely in newspapers or bubble-wrap.
Our tip: If you’re not looking forward to the daunting task of packing and unpacking, let Removals In York help, we offer a dedicated Packing and Unpacking Service tailored to suit your needs and budget.
Available 24/7, weekends and bank holidays we are there when you need us most. Contact us on 01757 429 434 or fill in our contact form and we will get back to you within 24 hours